OpenGL Extensions Viewer 6 | realtech VR
New version 6.0 for Windows, now available, 20th Anniversary of OpenGL Extensions Viewer, with CPUID
New version for Mac, CPUID, and Apple Silicon native support, Metal and other improvements.
A reliable software which displays useful information about the current OpenGL 3D accelerator and new Vulkan 3D API. This program displays the vendor name, the version implemented, the renderer name and the extensions of the current OpenGL 3D accelerator.
Check our FAQ question, updated (November 2020).
What's new ?
6.3.1 - Latest Version (2021-08-04)
- Address issue with GDI only devices.
- Address HDR rendering test on Vulkan
- Added Vulkan rendering tests!
- Optimization in GL rendering tests.
- Added command line parameter glview.exe -fast, for loading the UI without the GL database.
- Address compability with nVidia when starting the rendering tests without multisampling.
- New OpenGL code, and preparing for Vulkan rendering tests
- Translation to russian, french in the PC version.
- Android version has now CPU reporting and Vulkan reporting.
- Android Vulkan Database
- Support for virtual renderer (without monitors)
- Vulkan extensions database browser.
- Entirely rewritten interface in WPF, optimized for Windows 10, search functions, new high definitions icons, new vendors icons and more.
- Vulkan extensions database browser
- New generated database, up to 10,000 renderers, with version and more
- Faster loading times,
- New CPUID section with processor name and number.
- Many bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated video memory size using AMD and nVidia GL Extensions. This now reports more than 4GB size. Adding GPU processor clock for AMD video cards.
- nVidia and AMD drivers version are now reported properly.
- Fixed an issue with WMI 'AdapterRAM' crashing at startup.
- Improved database navigation.
- Updated processor detection : Added more processor family.
- Version is displayed when starting the application.
- Improved database navigation.
- Improved Vulkan Support
- Support for high density screens
- Improved database
OpenGL Extension Viewer is reliable software which displays the vendor name, the version implemented, the renderer name, and the extensions of the current OpenGL 3D accelerator. Many OpenGL extensions, as well as extensions to related APIs like GLU, GLX, and WGL, have been defined by vendors and groups of vendors. The extension registry is maintained by SGI and contains specifications for all known extensions, written as modifications to the appropriate specification documents. The registry also defines naming conventions, guidelines for creating new extensions and writing suitable extension specifications, and other related documentation.
OpenGL Extensions Viewer is free of charge and was awarded by Softpedia as 100% FREE No Spyware, No Adware, No Viruses
You can download the latest version of OpenGL Extensions Viewer (GLview) from those selected stores for free
Or, if you run Windows 7 or later, click here to download for Windows:
Download For Windows
SHA-256 Checksum: glview631-setup.exe D10CA5B0A86C4480290C5AC0D7E049D9EDF98A5B1519A294097C3CA1C897279D
Also available, DirectX Extensions Viewer on Windows Store
OpenGL 1.1 : use the standard OpenGL without extension usage.
A very extensive list of details of all extensions available of your system, which OpenGL functions are implemented and more.
Vulkan Extensions are available in the Vulkan Report Section
A database of all known renderers for Windows and MacOSX is available. If an renderer is being updated, you can submit to the server. You can also update to the latest database directly from the application.
Q> I'm using a software that requires OpenGL 2.1, but I'm not able to find the driver to load
Q> I want to run Blend on my computer. It requires OpenGL 3.3 or above. OpenGL Extensions Viewer is reporting '4.613572 Core Profile Compability 19.11.1'. Will this version works ?
Q> I've downloaded the latest version of OpenGL, because it was necessary to play a certain game. This game requires OpenGL 2.1 or above. but once I open, it says it is version 1.1
Initial released in 2000
Available for iOS, Android, Windows 7 and above, macOS